Two killed, 21 wounded in terror attack in Turkey’s Adana
Two people were killed and 21 were wounded on November 24 in an explosion in the parking lot of the governor’s office in the southern province of Adana.
Adana Governor Mahmut Demirtaş said a bomb-laden vehicle was detonated near the entrance of his office.
“It is thought that a female suspect carried out the attack,” Demirtash said, adding that the license plate of the suspect's car had been identified, Hurriyet Daily News reports.
Several ambulances and police teams rushed to the area after the blast.
According to preliminary reports, in addition to the casualties a number of vehicles and the governor's building were damaged in the incident.
A gag order has also been issued on reporting of the explosion.
Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmush condemned the attack on Twitter, vowing that Turkey would "not surrender to terrorism."
EU Minister Omer Chelik also vowed Ankara's commitment to "fight terrorism to the end in the name of humanity."
Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu has reportedly briefed Prime Minister Binali Yildirim about the attack.
Main opposition Republican People's Party (CHP) leader Kemal Kilichdaroghlu has called Governor Demirtash to condemn the "treacherous" attack, according a written statement from the party.
Meanwhile, the US Embassy also condemned the attack.
“We strongly condemn outrageous terrorist attack in Adana. We mourn those lost, wish wounded speedy recovery, & stand w/Turkey against terror,” the embassy tweeted.